Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Quicky

So here we are the end of September and I have so many things I could have written about...and didn't. SIGH. Yesterday was my husband’s birthday and he took a few hours to come home early and be with the family.

This was really nice; if I were him I would have opted for more overtime!

We were going to walk to the bus stop to get my 3rd grader off the bus and surprise her with her daddy being home. Henry wanted to stay at the house with my eldest.


When we left the house we didn’t even get to the end of the drive when we heard a shriek of terror filter out of the windows… by the time we got to the end of the driveway, Henry was flying out of the house screaming “DON’T LEAVE ME!!!!!”
(These are the times that I am thankful we don’t have many neighbors.)


But the sight of Henry flying out of the house, running past us, and starting down the street…in his underwear and a button down shirt, was something to behold. (We are talking tighty-whitey Lightening McQueen underwear!)


Of course being the sensitive soul that he is…My husband started yelling after him “woooohooo I can see your underwear, Hey Lightening McQueen Biscuits…where are you going…”


I could have told him how that was going to end…Henry, who gets embarrassed so easily yelled “Nooooo it’s NOT FUNNY…” and started running back toward the house. Thankfully my eldest knew enough to bring his shorts out side so I could put them on him and stop the underwear hysteria. By the time the bus came, all was well…and clothed…Ahhh a day in the life of a boy.

No comments: