Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Excuses Excuses

So, my son doesn't eat anything anymore...to be honest I am not sure how he is still growing. His palate consists of white starchy things. Rice, bread, peanut butter, noodles with parmesan cheese and waffles….Occasionally I can get him to eat an apple, but only with out any of the skin showing…because that MIGHT add color to his diet.

I have gotten so tired of this, that what ever we have for dinner is what he gets, he can either eat, or be hungry…I just have put my foot down…

Unfortunately the boy tends to choose going to bed hungry. He realizes that this makes me crazy so in his Henry way of making me feel better, he comes up with what he views as “reasonable excuses” for not eating and I get them each morning.

“Mom I didn’t eat because I sat on the couch too long and my tummy hurt”

“Mom I didn’t eat because my knees were bothering me.”

“Mom Green told me that I couldn’t eat” (Green is his lovey bear)

But this morning was one of my favorites…

“Mom I do you know why I didn’t eat last night? Because I didn’t want to get this counter dirty so I could eat at it this morning…” he said this rubbing the counter in front of him.

OK so I get that I am not Martha Stewart…but I DO wash my countertops… How this child is so big is beyond me…peanut butter must have super nutrient powers to it!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I agree about peanut butter's super powers. My son has just about the same diet, the only color he gets comes from cereal in the morning... chicken nuggets, corn, cheese, peanut butter, cottage cheese, oh, and sometimes jelly... I just keep telling myself that one of these days he'll be a teenager and he'll be eating EVERYTHING in the house and will still be hungry!