Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ode to a Toilet Bowl

I can't be sure, but I am fairly positive that when I dreamed of my future when I was a child, I never envisioned jumping up and down in a bathroom singing "poo poo, poo poo lets do the poo poo dance"

I am also confident that I never in my life imagined that I would stare into a toilet bowl with the kind of anticipation and excitement that seems to follow me into the bathroom these days as I travel the hard, uphill, rocky, mount Kilimanjaro trek that toilet training a bull headed, scared to poop, boy is.

But alas, it is the small things in life…like making it until 1:23 with out having to clean out underwear! It is the small things like not having the crying fit wondering if Henry will have to find a special kind of date to prom that will not mind bringing wipes and a pull-up for him in her tiny prom purse.

I realize that this is entirely too hopeful, and I know that I will likely have many more pairs of underwear to clean out, but for now, I am just going to jump up and down and sing the poo poo song for a little while.

You know, most people are excited for inaugurations, and weddings and engagements this weekend…I am just going to settle for a little bit of poop….ahhhh the life of a mom, ain’t it grand……

1 comment:

Jodi said...

HAHAHA!

I've been singing a similar song.

Good luck!