Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Training Kids

At Least Henry is starting to understand my view of TV. It is a battle everyday, because Henry would just assume, sit in front of the TV with drool dripping out of his half open mouth and lack of brain cell stimulation, then actually DO anything. I am not sure what this is all about. My girls I could easily dissuade from the whole TV addiction, but with Henry it is a daily occurrence.

He will watch ANYTHING. If I am watching congress on TV he will sit and stare… it is a little disconcerting.

I have told him that he can watch a limit of two shows a day and they have to be approved shows that are somewhat educational…although I have to admit that PBS claims that Curious George teaches science concepts, but I am pretty sure that he is only filling Henry with ideas of how to make me more insane.

This morning Henry was up for not more than 10 minutes before he asked for TV. I said, lets hold off and get breakfast and the girls to the bus first.

He looked at me blankly, as if I may NOT have heard him…

Then more insistently he said in his best teenager, I know more than you, and I am so tired of having to live with you voice:

No Moooom, I want to watch an edgicalcashional show...”

There are some days I think I should just give up and sit him in front of the TV and rest…because he makes me tired…so very tired…all within minutes of his waking.

No comments: