Monday, August 4, 2008

I can't remember, do I blog here?

So I guess I have had a bit of a hiatus from blogging. For the most part I have been struggling just to get the garage and garden updates up. (Which I know, are mind numbingly boring, but it has been a little all consuming…to say the least)

I took a little time off from blogging while my folks were around...which is funny because my mom went to read it while she was here and was all like "why aren't you posting?" and I was all like" because I am with you"

I don't think that she bought that as a reasonable excuse. But none-the-less I used it.

My family is the picture under the saying of “putting the fun back in dysfunctional” so one would think that I would have a lot of fodder for my blogging fire…and I do, but I am a little afraid that the name and number of that hit man that my in-laws are keeping on the payroll “just in case”, may get passed on to my folks if I write too much.

I am going to preface this story with saying that between the memory capacity of my 92 year old grandmother, my mom, and myself…well, there were a lot of “new” experiences and many “old stories.” that were experienced again, and again, and again…

I certainly am not going to laugh at my grandmother, because you know, that would make me a horrid person right?… However…When I took her to her Dr in NH (which my sister and I have taken her to for A LONG TIME, and we go the same way that she drove to come see us when she lived in Bath, lets just say…it ain’t uncharted waters.) We passed the big golf course on the Left and we did the usual:

Gran, “isn’t it so pretty”
Me: “Yeah, that is where I went to prom my freshman year with Rolf”
(Yeah, I know, that is another story for another time)
Gran: “Really? It is so pretty”

NOW ON THE WAY BACK, on the same road, looking at the same golf course...(now on the right)

Gran: “Wow, look at that golf course…when did that get built there? It is so pretty. I bet it is a lot of competition for that one you had your prom at.”
Me: “Uh...Yup, I bet it is”

Why bother letting her know? I have decided, what the heck?!? You get to see new things everyday in the same place you live…that has to keep life pretty exciting. “Hey where did this bathroom come from? Hmmm, it is nice; I think I will take a shower in it.”

Come on, I have a point! Again, I am not poking fun…I once thought I had a swim meet in Alberta Canada because I swore that building looked familiar. After about a week of driving my parents just looked at each other, shook their heads at their directionally challenged child, and said “mmmhmmm, you must have” It is now a family joke…I don't have to tell you, I don’t have a leg to stand on here.

No comments: