Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Serenity Now! Serenity Now!

There are those days when life seems a little more than you can handle. You know, little things like, oh I don't know, your checks get sent to you with the wrong account number on them so you bounce checks and don't know it. Then your kids come home mortified because they were denied hot lunch since one of the bounced checks was to the cafeteria...another great mom moment for the books.

Then your Check card gets compromised at Hannaford, and you have 500$ worth of charges in Florida... No I am not kidding! Things like a cranky 2 year old that seems to think it is OK to cut his own hair. A schedule so packed that you don't even go to the bathroom because you haven't scheduled that in, and there aren't any colors left to put it on your color coded calendar anyway. And your girls thinking that it is OK to belittle, hit, and in general, be asses to each other. (Secretly you know it is to drive you crazy and into a mental institution, so that they can have run of the house, and be independent at 10 and 6 after they petition the court to divorce their clearly insane parents.)

But then today I went to the beach I sat down and ate my lunch...and even though the seagulls seemed to find my lunch very interesting, I found a little solace. Although, I started to feel like I was on the set of Birds, as they flocked around my head. I had to say a silent prayer to the poop Gods, hoping that they would not choose to aim their refuse at either my head or my Panini.

In between these little hopeful prayers and the sound of angry seagulls at the audacity of me not sharing, I found some serenity. I realize that I live in one of the prettiest places on earth, and I am very lucky to be able to just "run to the beach for lunch," and be by myself (mostly) to be calmed by the crashing of the ocean waves.




So now, I no longer want to hitch a ride to Florida, hunt down the jerks who have made my last week hellacious, and kick them squarely in the face...I am feeling more serene...I am just letting Karma take care of it, and may all the gas they have charged on my card be full of sugar. OR even better, I could be a good person and say, I hope that the gas that they charged on my card was in desperation, and they really needed it, and it has made the difference between life and death.

Yeah, I know, it was kind of a Stuart Smalley moment...and "I am nice, I am kind, and Gosh Darn it, people like me..." (and my check card)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Revelation
3:20;
Behold , I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him , and will sup with him, and he with me.