Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shhhhh We are in the Library

If an 18 month old kid is lying on the floor crying and saying "I'm Tired, I want to go home" in the library what would be the correct response?

"Ok I know it is late, and the library is almost closing, I can get a book later and you are screaming really loud in the library so let’s just call it a day"?

OR

"I don’t know why you can't stand up and let me look for my book.” Meaning: Surely the librarians aren't minding your incessant screaming and disconcerting lying on the floor whining about being tired at 8 at night? I mean really, you are big enough at 18 months old to act right…now, you lay on the floor there and scream, but just not too loud so that I can continue to look for my books. AND WIPE THOSE CIRCLES OUT FROM UNDER YOUR EYES….humph you are such a child!”

Yeah I didn’t think it should be he second one either, unfortunately the kids mom did...arrrrgggghhhhh

No comments: